We had such a wonderful experience with our Reef Discovery tour and our guide Tuaiva that we decided to book the excursion again a few days later. Tuaiva was a fantastic host both times, and took us to different spots so we could see all of Bora Bora’s best snorkeling spots. (You can see videos from each day below.)
Things we loved:
- The array of sea life you can spot on the tour is incredible, from manta and eagle rays to triggerfish and barracuda.
- Tuaiva was super knowledgeable and made us feel very comfortable and safe in the water, even when we were quite some distance from the boat.
- We brought our own masks and snorkels, but used the loaner fins that Reef Discovery provides to customers. They were surprisingly comfortable and in great shape.
Things we didn’t love:
- There were around 8 people on our tour whose pickup points were all around Bora Bora, so there was a lot of travel time on the speedboat before the actual snorkeling began.
- The boat was comfortable and kept spotlessly clean, but there wasn’t any cover from a rainstorm that unfortunately lasted for about an hour of our tour.
Overall, we wholeheartedly recommend Reef Discovery for adventurous travelers looking to experience some of the best snorkeling in French Polynesia.