Hands down, one of the highlights of our time in Moorea was our 3.5 hour ATV tour. Not only was it an adrenaline rush to speed around the island, we also got to see spectacular vistas and eat delicious fruit from the plantation we were riding through. Our delightful tour guide Guillaume was very attentive and knowledgable about the history and geology of Moorea.
- The views from Magic Mountain are truly epic!
- Guillaume took photos throughout the tour and emailed them to the group free-of-charge, which was a nice perk.
- The flora we encountered was really fascinating: we saw one of the flowers that inspired the movie Avatar, found another that could be used as a lipstick, and tasted the petals of an edible flower.
- Expect to get dirty. Wear old sneakers and long pants to protect your legs from the mud.
- This tour isn’t for the faint of heart! Some of the off-roading is very bumpy and the trail up the mountain is quite narrow and steep.
- Make sure to sign up for the 3.5 hour tour (2.5 hours just isn’t enough to get the full experience).
This looks so fun!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It was soooo much fun! One of the best excursions we did during out vacation there.