A great tour to take if you have time. $50 per adult will give you a great show that only nature can provide. Here are 5 tips to keep in mind based on my experience:
1. Don’t take a sunset whale watch trip; you’re more likely to see whales during a morning tour and also get better photos. If there aren’t whale sightings during the tour, they usually give everyone free tickets to go again.
2. If you are prone to getting sea sick, prepare accordingly as the water can get choppy.
3. Head to the very front of the boat soon after boarding to make sure you have a great view.
4. Bring snacks because it’s a long day.
5. Bring extra layers as it can get chilly on the water.
For details of my experience, see this post.